Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Hello Again

It has been forever since my last post, but my life is still stalling in normal progression, so I guess its fitting. The bad news is that I have fallen back into my old habits completely, with the constant b/p cycle. All that therapy for nothing. The good news is that I'm waiting to begin an inpatient program for ed's at a local hospital. While I hate the idea of giving up control and committing all my time to some mental program centered around food, I realize its necessary for me to achieve SOME sort of meaningful life. Right now I'm just waiting......
Other than moving, the only thing I accomplished this summer was taking a summer 1 class at the college. Abnormal psychology, how ironic, right? I learned some interesnting things and loved the class, however I barely attended class and read the chapters over about once due to eating, purging, and sleeping. So I made a damn B. Okay, I deserved it, (well I probably deserved a C) but I HATE not making an A in such an easy class, especially when its my bulimia and resulting laziness holding me back.
I miss working out! The soreness, the focus, the yummy guys, and mostly the feelings of inner peace and strength afterwards. Effexor doesn't have near as significant effect on my neurotransmitters as a workout has! The norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor part of this med is supposed to cause somewhat of an activating response, but it never gives me extra energy or will to do things. Prozac is the only med FDA approved to help bulimics, but I used to take it and received only bipolar-like mood swings. Does anyone take meds that seem to help in any of these aspects? Any tips to get back on track? I'm out for now...

2 comments:

Feisty Frida said...

Hi, SO good to see your entry today! I've been checking everyday, and am happy to hear you're ok. Congratulations of taking the step for added therapy, if it's what you need to get better, than that's what you have to do...good for you for having the courage to do it!!

Love,
Frida

wading through recovery said...

Hi again Beth!

I'm reading your blog from the top down. : )

Anyway, yes, I've been on meds., and they really work differently for everyone, and despite prozac's claims that you mentioned, virtually all of the SSRI's (plus a few other meds.) can be used to treat eating disorders. Sometimes, it just takes awhile to find the one that seems to work (or at least help a little) for you.