Thursday, September 27, 2007

New

I'm going to be okay. I'm never going to be perfect, and I may never be completely happy with myself, but things are going to be okay. So many things have happened this week! Went to therapy today, helping with research/revision in the psychology dept, head of a psych society committee, added a new antidepressant (Wellbutrin), making A's on my tests, and more.

My binges are once a day, and have even been cut down to an hour or less (as opposed to 1.5). There is a huge shift in my brain it seems. I'm desiring something more, a goal, something to be excited and passionate about. This is the role bulimia filled for me, but it's just not doing it anymore. Any ideas on a replacement?

I love psychology, but don't know what field to go into, there are so many: counseling, experimental, health, etc. I have this overwhelming need to learn and dig and DO something now. My mind never stops going. This can be a BAD thing when I'm sitting in class feeling fat, noticing thinner girls, thinking of food. But I need an avenue for those thoughts, which want to go a different direction now. I'm thinking maybe doing free tutuoring for middle or hs students, but don't know how to go about it.

Tomorrow is my bf's bday. We're driving to my hometown to watch my cousin, a cheerleader and the game. He loves football, but not the drive, so he's beeing a sweetheart to drive me down there. I hope this weekend is good binge-wise, and that I get a lot of work done. I hope all of you have the same optimistic attitude I do in this moment.

1 comment:

Danyel said...

I love psychology too. I think that I want to be a Middle/High School counselor and perhaps have my own practice attatched to the side. But, that's still a pending decision..
I just need to pull my GPA up and start studying.