Sunday, November 04, 2007

Raw

Okay, so I'm not going on a diet. But there is something new I'm trying. I've been watching some videos on you tube about eating raw and all the benefits: clearer skin, more energy, weight regulation, less sickness, etc. I've also viewed some great raw recipes on you tube for cold soups, green smoothies, "cookies", practically anything. It all inspired me to buy a ton of fruits and veggies and try eating mostly raw. That's not to say I'm going to stop binging or indulging in light frappucinos, but I will be "digesting" 90% raw food. Most advocates say it also reduces cravings for cooked food and sweets, so I'm going to try it for a while and see. Whatever it takes for me to stop eating and go to class!

In other news, Travis, my supposed bf, hasn't called in about 4 days or texted! He calls me everyday, usually multiple times, so I know something's up. Whatever, I'm not going to cry over it, as I have a prospect or two in mind. I guess I'll assume we're broken up. It's so weird, though because we didn't have a fight or anything. Maybe he finally met someone better. I knew that would happen eventually. All he has to do is find a cute girl without an eating disorder and there ya go.

I'm really going to try not to binge today. It will get difficult when Desperate Housewives comes on, though. I'm making a raw soup tonight with: tomatoes, spinach, garlic, cucumber, basil, olive oil, lemon juice, and water. The fat in the olive oil should make me feel full, but we'll see. Let me know if any of you try it!

3 comments:

Stephanie Prodanovich said...

hey!! good luck with your new eating habits!!! I think you are so brave to try it... going out of the "eating cooked...eating fat" cycle is...really hard for me. I'm trying to not binge instead. Eating everything i want but controlling portions. Though...really though... i´ve been b/p lately... whatever.

Have a nice day!! And not be ashamed of having an eating disorder...mm, everybody has issues, your bf saw something in you that it's not a disordered girl, you are really nice ;) and cute!! and i know there are a lot of more things in u.

Toffee Nut said...

That soup sounds good! I've always wanted to go raw but it's tough to do while I'm here at school but I've heard all those benefits too so good luck with the raw thing, I think that's awesome!

That's odd about your bf...maybe he's been really busy? You're a smart, gorgeous gal so I think it'd be pretty hard for him to find any better. Hang in there and thank you for all your comments on my blog. They really help and make me smile =)

Kristen's Raw said...

Hi :) I'm new to your blog so I'm not sure if you've read this book or not, but I loved it! "He's Just Not That Into You" by Greg (something). Hilarious and so true for finding the right guy.

I also loved the book Skinny Bitch and you might like that. The language is a little harsh by some standards but I thought it was hilarious. :)

Okay and onto Raw of course, because it's my lifestyle...you'll probably love it. Eating more fresh raw food has helped so many people with weight control, happiness, clear glowing skin and more. You might really enjoy a book by Victoria Boutenko "Green for Life."

Anyway, hope this helps :) and if you have questions along the way, pop me an email, I'm happy to help!

Cheers!
Kristen's Raw